And the part of my resolution I’m stubbornly keeping up? Trying new recipes. Though my schedule and stress level might appreciate a night off more than a new recipe, I’m still at it. I think part of me just can’t help it–I like trying new things, and I view it as a challenge to keep our meals as diverse as possible.
I also like the challenge of working with farmers’ market goodies. I hadn’t been to the market in a few weeks, and it was fun to come home with things like pasta, peppers, zucchini, kale, carrots, and spaghetti squash…and then have to decide how to use them.
So, here’s what we’ve been eating:
- Monday: Leftover macaroni and cheese, green beans
- Tuesday: Sloppy Bombay Joes, broccoli slaw
- Wednesday: Chicken Tamale Pie (another new one! And definitely a keeper!)
- Thursday: (This was supposed to be something new, but ended up being leftover Sloppy Joes)
- Friday: Leftovers. I don’t even remember. I think we might have reheated the chicken tamale pie?
- Sunday: (bonus day! only because I have to brag…) Burgers on the grill, grilled zucchini, and Moroccan carrot salad
- Monday: Pumpkin ravioli and butternut squash ravioli in a cream sauce
- Tuesday: Cherry balsamic pork, roasted potatoes, vegetable
- Wednesday: Saag paneer
- Thursday: Roasted chicken, cinnamon apples, and green beans
- Friday: Spaghetti squash with sausage