We tried a new farmers’ market over the weekend. Well, that might not be entirely fair. It was still part of the farmers’ markets that are organized by the city (and I love that they do that!), but we tried a new location. I would be totally sold on this new one, except that my favorite fruit vendor isn’t there. And he is worth a trip across the city–his strawberries and peaches are the best around.
But, because of a play date on Monday, I wasn’t able to get to the East Liberty farmers’ market this week, so we tried out one right in our neighborhood, and we came home with some great food! This is me, planning around all of the beautiful fresh things in our fridge.
- Monday: Fresh pasta (from the market–two nests of tomato-basil and one nest of garden herb) with sauteed zucchini, yellow squash, and other veggies
- Tuesday: Rotisserie chicken, sauteed zucchini, and mashed cheddar cauliflower (not just because of the cheese–the cauliflower itself is a beautiful golden color!)
- Wednesday: Baja cod, coriander potatoes, and green beans
- Thursday: Slow-cooker Spaghetti Bolognese (thanks, Resa!) and a salad
- Friday: Pan-seared pork, sweet potatoes, and beet salad.